What is Jazz? (for Singers)
So… what exactly is JAZZ anyway? What does it mean to ‘sound jazzy’? Apart from the songs, how does a singer get that authentic jazz style going? Well my friend, I’ll answer all of that in today’s video for you.
What ‘jazz’ means for singers.
1. Use a swing feel
2 You need to improvise either by scatting or changing the melody
3. Learn microphone technique to bring out the nuances in your voice
4. Understand, hear and use chord extensions.
5. Embrace the ‘element of surprise’ through phrasing and interacting with the rest of the band on the fly to create art.
VOCAL WARM UP SECRETS
Improve your voice, with as little as 10 minutes practice a day.
THIS COURSE WILL HELP YOU TO:
- Maintain your voice and keeping your vocal muscles ‘fit’
- Developing consistent practice habits
- Getting the most out of a short practice session
- Learning how to warm up safely, effectively & reducing vocal tension
Did you like this video?
If you found it helpful or have any other song delivery techniques you’d like to share, leave me a comment below!
Vocal coach reacts to Billie Eilish’s performance of ‘No Time To Die’ at the BRIT Awards in London. See a breakdown of vocal techniques used in this song.
Listen to this bossanova cover of My Future, Billie Eilish with vocal harmony and played with a light vintage electric piano sound.